MY OPINION
NATIONAL PHILOSOPHY EDUCATION
• The essence of the NPE is TO DEVELOP THE POTENTIAL OF INDIVIDUALS IN A HOLLISTIC AND INTERGRATED MANNER.
• To produce citizens who are intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and physically balanced and harmonious based on a firm belief in and devotion to God
• The NPE is regarded as a statement of vision for the Ministry Of Education (MOE) in the pursuit of educational excellence.
Most of Malaysian educators and students did not understand the need of National Philosophy of education. That is why most of us lack of soft skills, easy to give up when facing challenges, lazy and lots more. For me, when I heard about philosophy, what always comes to my mind is belief. In my life, I really stress on my belief or philosophy. I want to be successful in this world and become the best slave to Allah and I put full of commitment on that. I believe on myself. If I fail, I will cry and feel sad but I will never give up and put a stop because I know there is no perfect person in this world but there got lot of people who improve in their life.
See, how important philosophy in our life. That’s why Malaysia has its own philosophy in education. It just seems like the root of our nation to hold. It’s also our belief and target that we have to reach. We as Malaysian nation have to understand deeply the meaning of our national philosophy. What is our believing country want from us? It’s not a policy which hard to remember. It is also not an act. Plus, it is not even give us negative impact if we follow.
The problems occur our students and teachers in Malaysia are they don’t have a strong belief on the national philosophy of education. They know what national philosophy is but they don’t understand. That’s why there were lots of social illness happened among our society. Trust me! You just have to go and ask them what Malaysia philosophy in education is. You will see just one or two among them will answer correctly while the others are not serious on that and not sure with their own answer. Moreover, most of them don’t even have a belief in themselves.
If you realize, the national philosophy is always being the first page in all educational book. You also can go to any library in your place and find the specific book in title “national philosophy of education”; you will see that there are only two or three books there. Not only that, you can also search on internet Malaysia education philosophy… still, you just can find the philosophy but without explanation and elaboration. How we want to know the purpose? I am sure you’re still not clear with my question. Belief is not something vague and hard to understand. Read the philosophy and it’s clear enough for us to know the deeply meaning of our national philosophy. Belief is not math, physic or even science.
Actually, national philosophy of education give us lots of positive impact especially in developing our education structure, program, exams, schools and much more. We can feel that. From informal school like pondok in previous history… now, we study in a very comfortable place and learn formal subject. Easy to manage and understand what we learn because text books are provided to all students. In addition, the quality of our education system increases and develops everyday.
As a conclusion, national philosophy is our belief and we have to hold it tightly because from that we know how to plan our future well.
No comments:
Post a Comment